Hate I received:
So today someone who I met a few times and have not seen in a while decided to tell me I can’t talk about being an entrepreneur because I choose to not own a car, a house and then told me I don’t have money, which is a load of crap, when he met me I was making close to R30k a month, excluding client work which I was still doing, last year, last I checked he told me, he was just over 30K, so don’t tell me I don’t have money, plus my business has grown since then.
as for his other opinion on entrepreneur having to own a car and house, own a car or a house just does not make sense for me as I am barely in my own country as I am a digital nomad. Plus Uber is just so much cheaper than owning a car in South Africa, especially with how little I go out.
I can’t say that this didn’t get to me, it did because I really thought he was a cool guy and from the above what said clearly got to me but for me, I’ve been an entrepreneur for 8 years and have struggled (You can learn more about my story on the about page) so to be told I can’t talk about my journey and sharing the things that I know work when building a brand with other entrepreneurs just starting their journey.
For everyone dealing haters:
Here the thing everyone who trying to build a company/brand is on a journey and everyone is at different places on their journey and the truth is entrepreneurship is a long journey to take and it not the easiest journey to take either, So I don’t care what anyone says to you on this the matter where you are on this journey be it the eating shit, make enough to live or if you have climbed to the top you have a story, which is your journey and no one can take that from you.
Don’t give hate power:
I feel the key is to not put emotion into the mix rather ignore what they have to say because once it affects your emotions it will likely mess with your mind and screw with your productivity.
I know it hard to keep emotions out of it because we are humans at the end of the day and we have feelings but they are not the only people in the world, there will also be people who you inspire, people that proud of where you are on your journey, in fact before I received that bit of hate I had 3 people that are not family tell me that they are proud of me.
Here are 5 quotes from Grant Cardone about haters:
- Naysayers are quitters. The people who tell you that you can’t do something have already quit trying. “Become a multimillionaire, yeah right.” Naysayers are saying, “I’m a quitter and I am hoping you quit too because it will make sense of why I quit.”
- Critics and naysayers are spectators. Players don’t take feedback or criticism from spectators. Spectators rarely have success in their own lives because they are too busy spectating on the lives of the successful. I value correction and coaching from other players, but will never value criticism from naysayers or spectators.
- Never get emotional. Stay rational when you are getting “pinged” by the haters and critics. Say, “Thanks for that, I will take it into consideration.” Then throw it away. Avoid getting emotional. It messes with your productivity. Stay on course and stay rational.
- Never fear the hater, fear those who listen to him. Friends, family, and people on your team who are so weak that they buy into the hate, are more dangerous to you than the haters themselves. Get rid of the weak people that pass on critics’ garbage.
- Never waste a hater. Haters and naysayers should not be wished away but used like fuel to take you to the next level. There are so many people that have talked about how they used naysayers to inspire their success.
I don’t know if I could personally say anything better than those quotes but for I took the hate received wrote this and when I Finish it back to work on my new product that I’m busy finishing off.
Just be you and keep going on your journey, the one thing I know is that it not easy an easy journey to take, eat hard to build a business, especially when people are hating on you and they don’t even know your story, so try not to give them any power on your life, just keep going.